Proceeds from the Park Hill Garden Walk event support the Greater Park Hill Community mission. Greater Park Hill Community, Inc., is a volunteer-based registered neighborhood organization that promotes the character and vibrancy of Park Hill through its resources, information and advocacy, all while preserving the quality of life and the history of the neighborhood through community participation. Learn more and get involved in the Greater Park Hill Community at www.greaterparkhill.org.
In 2018 alone, GPHC served hundreds of our neighbors through our food programs, including our:
- Emergency Food Pantry, which served over 193 households and 518 individuals;
- Weekend Food Program, which served over 270 school children at three sites;
- Thanksgiving Giveaway, which served 327 households and over 1200 neighbors; and
- Free Farm Stand, which served over 5,800 pounds of fresh food.
We are making a significant impact in our neighborhood, which is a food desert. Many of our clients would have to take multiple buses, for an hour or more, to get to a full-scale grocery store. While we are unable to meet all the needs of those who lack access, we provide nutritional supplementation to our neighbors who might otherwise go without.
Sustainability has also been a key focus for GPHC over the last few years as we’ve joined Denver’s Sustainable Neighborhood program and taken our programs to a whole new level! Our sustainability programs have included:
- Garden workshops geared at helping novice and low-income gardeners learn affordable, sustainable tips for gardening;
- Educational workshops designed to provide information and applicable tactics for reducing your ecological footprint;
- Bee Careful campaign and beekeeping classes to help educate and assist those interested in protecting our honeybees;
- Getting neighbors to commit to reducing their use of pesticides and fertilizers in order to support pollinators and keep harmful chemicals out of our storm drains;
- Earth Month activities to encourage neighbors to reduce their ecological footprint in April (and every month!); and
- Adopt a block and adopt a storm drain campaigns that will help reduce pollution in our neighborhood.
Our special events, catered to build community and connect neighbors, also reached a wide audience in 2017. Our Home Tour and Street Fair, celebrating the unique architecture and style of eight Greater Park Hill homes while engaging families in a free street fair attracted over 4,000 participants. Almost 400 people attended our Garden Walk, showcasing fantastic gardens throughout our neighborhood. Our 4th of July Parade drew a crowd of 6,000 individuals and another 800 participated in the parade.
Each ticket you purchase provides support for all the work we’re doing, so that we can continue supporting our neighborhood in 2018 and beyond.
We also serve as the area’s Registered Neighborhood Organization (RNO) to help act as a liason between the City and Neighbors. We are located at 2823 Fairfax St. You can reach us at 303.388.0918 or email@example.com.